Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Buy American and Get a Hyundai

When considering car sales statistics, one need not worry as an American about any decrease or increase of sales by companies of American or foreign domicile. With the manufacture of cars, major components and parts in the United states, there may be good news for American workers when Japanese companies increase their market share.

Alan Reynolds in "Cars Wars" summarizes this phenomenon. Sales of foreign-brand vehicles produced in the US rose 8.8%. And think about how Ford owns half of Volvo, Hyundai Sonatas are built in Alabama, GM makes Buicks in China (where they outsell Toyota!). And the gas guzzlers are not necessarily the US-made SUVs (Nissans and Toyota models get 14 MPG and my Buick Rendezvous gets 18.4 mpg).

So, while I am paying off a Buick SUV and drive an old Pontiac, I may have helped to employ a Chinaman or Canadian.

6 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You own a Buick Rendezvous?

And you admit it?

Three letters, buddy: G. M. C.

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Neal Phenes said...

I have to car pool little kids and it has 3 row seating, gets 18.6 mpg and I got to use my GM credits. What am I supposed to drive, a green Miata?

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Mi Michigan House Cleaning said...

Fascinating blog. I loved the site you did a good
job on it, I will be back! I surf the net for blog
like this one.
I'm looking at the possibility of checking your wi wisconsin house cleaning blog.

 
At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
» »

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

 
At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info video editing schools

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]