Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Hating Kelo and Loving What It Will Bring

I was asked my opinion on the Kelo case by a liberal friend who apparently does not hang on every word published in this blog (and I call this person a friend?).

The ruling makes me at once incensed, appalled, saddened, disgusted, happy and confident.

I am incensed over the arrogance of the taking by city electees in league with businessmen in broad daylight.

I am appalled that 5 of the 9 SCOTUS justices who are sworn to protect the Constitution could reach such a decision.

I am saddened that these homeowners are faced with losing their homes for no reason of their own doing.

I am disgusted that there are some MSM cheerleaders who can support the decision with a straight face.

I am happy that the usual behind the scenes sell-outs by public officials was so overt that it cannot be explained away.

And I am confident that this decision will finally educate voters about the propriety and protection that a strict construction of the Constitution brings.

Sometimes we need to be jolted from the lethargy induced by the low frequency of the MSM-academic-liberal establishment. This may be a judicial 9-11 that will waken the public that had been sleep-walking on the “Road to Serfdom” where statists have been leading them. If I am right, just like the slap to our psyches brought on by the attacks of 9-11 that rousted many Americans from their slumber regarding radical Muslim-terrorism, we now see in real terms the damage done to the American frame-work of liberty sundered by the majority jurists on the Court.

3 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Paintball ingredients Fake cellulite

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]