Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Idiot Wind- More On Dylan

I have to recant a point I made yesterday about Dylan. I watched the documentary and was exposed to more film of his live performances than I had ever seen, snippets though they were. I found his singing far from "horrible". Because rock and roll singing is a strange admixture of voice and performance, Dylan showed me he carried the tune admirably. Though nasal, the magnificence of the words being "sung" made the performance breathtaking. I mean that.

Add to that the awe of hearing the songwriter actually interpreting the words for you and you have a rare virtuoso. I also loved the sight of the guitar and attached harmonica.

Using a baseball comparison, while his voice (assuming Paul McCartney, Billy Joel or Freddy Mercury are high .300 hitters) is only batting .230, he makes up more than enough with his delivery (Ks), his lyrics (ERA) and his overall message (Wins).

Nobody expected Sandy Koufax to bat that well either.

To paraphrase Dylan:

[I'm] an idiot, babe.It's a wonder that [I] still know how to breathe.

2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info film editing schools

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]