Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Dean Calls them "Merlot Democrats"

Jonah Goldberg claims that Howard Dean has taken to labelling Democrats as "Merlot Democrats" and Republicans as "Reliable Republicans". While the Democrat leaders try not to appear elitist, the Kerrys, Kennedys and Deans cannot help themselves. I bet if you polled Americans, a good 40% would not know what Merlot is. And upon learning what it is, they would be offended at the snobbery. Fred Sanford and friends used to drink boujolais because it sounded "classy".

It speaks further about their prejudices to think that reliability is a negative word when describing political leaders.

Admission: I happen to like merlot and order it when I do drink.

Admission 2: After a few drinks, I try to redistribute wealth, raise taxes, increase spending and deny terrorism exists.

Admission 3: If I drink too much of it, I try to arrange Million Something Marches, scream at people wearing leather and switch to eating tofu.

Admission 4: When I am plastered on merlot, I forget all history, economics and look for American-Indians to deed my house to.

Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]