Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

Friday, October 07, 2005

A Haircut or a Shave?

Patrick O'Connor of The Hill reports there is at least one Congressman that recognizes that all this Katrina relief has to come at the exchange of budget cuts. O'Conner reports:

House Budget Committee Chairman Jim Nussle (R-Iowa) yesterday announced that he would recommend an across-the-board 2 percent cut to all discretionary spending bills, including the Pentagon and the Department of Homeland Security.

Nussle also recommended that the White House submit a detailed reconstruction plan to Congress and issue its budget numbers for the next fiscal year three months early so that both chambers’ budget committees would have extra time to factor disaster-recovery costs into next year’s bill.

These guys are never from the Northeast. I am not sure the 2% goes far enough but it is a start. Nussle says the cut will create $16 billion in savings from an $840 billion budget.

We can all start with a shave but the hair is looking rather shaggy. Actually, it looks like I did in 1975. That should be next.

5 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!

so cant wait for ur next post! :)

Thanks!!

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous cerebral palsy and gait said...

Hello neal phenes...I have been studying A Haircut or a Shave? and your blog has been very helpful. I am interested in all the related issues regarding cerebral palsy adductors. Thanks for the info. Best of luck.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger William said...

Keep up the good work and continue posting great information. I have a website that I think you will find of particular interest.

waterfront house plan

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]