Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

Friday, October 21, 2005

Judge, Your Honor, Send Me To The Lectric Chair

I found this one on Volokh.com:

Bloomberg has the scoop on one of the more unusual criminal law stories I have heard recently:

A 27-year-old man demanded extra prison time because he wanted to honor his basketball hero, Larry Bird.

A lawyer for Eric James Torpy reached a plea agreement with Oklahoma City prosecutors for a 30-year jail term on two charges of shooting with intent to kill and one count of a weapons violation, District Court Judge Ray Elliott said in a telephone interview.

Torpy then insisted on getting 33 years to match the uniform number Bird wore when he led the Boston Celtics to three National Basketball Association championships during the 1980s, Elliott said.

The judge on Oct. 18 accommodated his request. "He told his attorney that Larry Bird was his long-time hero, and that if he was going to go to prison he wanted to go down with that number," Elliott said.

Thank God my hero is Robert Parish. He wore 00. While I have claimed John Havlicek No.17 was my hero, for sentencing purposes it is Parish.

6 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Hoodia said...

Help me Dude, I think I'm lost..... I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket. No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender". He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a San Diego cosmetic surgery doctor ,to fit into those blue suede shoes of yours. But Elvis said in the Ghetto nobody can afford a San Diego plastic surgery doctor. Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger. Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch a waaaay cool make-over show featuring some Tijuana dentists on the TV in the back of my Hummer. And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . . "You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on " Strange day or what? :-)

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I was searching for blogs about associations and found yours. Reason I was searching for associations is I have one and I'm looking for ways people run theirs.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info film editing schools

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I

starting using this oil when I colored my hair at the recommendation of my hairdresser because my hair sometimes felt limp and lifeless. I still use it now that I've let my gray grow out. It makes my hair

feel and smell great. I found that I don't have to wash my hair every day; I just spread some Curl Cream on my hands and scrunch it through my hair and it works out the "bedhead" look. I don't have super

curly hair; in fact, when I wash it, it looks straight. My hairdress is the one who showed me, using the Curl Cream, that my hair is actually naturally curly..not just wavy. I love it and use it nearly every

day.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been using

a Chi straightener for most of my life and I thought it was the best. This past Christmas I bought this straightener for my mom. I used it all month and the difference is amazing. I don't know if it's

because of the titanium plates or the degree to which it heats, but it straightens the hair in one pass through and leaves it SO SHINY. My hair stays straight longer after using this, too. I love it and have

made the switch to babyliss!

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great product for anyone with curly, wavy, or frizzy hair, it works

wonders!! my hair is like all three and its AMAZING! my hair is soo shiny and there is no frizz at all! My waves look gorgeous :) and it has a great hold but it doesnt weigh your hair down or anything! Its

soo touchable and beautiful!! A MUST-HAVE!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]