Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Depression of the Elites

Blogging and all other electronic media have led the powerful elites into a depression. If you read Peggy Noonan recently, and I could only read part of it because the pessimism was affecting my ability to down a bagel, you'd have learned:

[T]hat a lot of people are carrying around in their heads, unarticulated and even in some cases unnoticed, a sense that the wheels are coming off the trolley and the trolley off the tracks. That in some deep and fundamental way things have broken down and can't be fixed, or won't be fixed any time soon.

Is this an attitude created by the elites to hold power or is it that their particular world is coming apart? I think it is the latter. We are not accepting the opinions of the opinion-makers anymore. The public's distaste for moralizing Hollywood theatrics, the Left's denigration of the our attempt to combat Islamic terrorists, the soldiers giving their all in that battle with the MSM ignoring their successes, the constant drone about white oppression, the din of victims everywhere, has led the public to seek new answers. Woe to the MSM.

Meanwhile, the latest hot issue (is Libby over?) finds the NYT trashing SCOTUS nominee Alito. One reader of Chicago Boyz opines:

I think that they have a Screed-O-Matic somewhere at the New York Times. They just insert the name and hit the Republican Judicial Nominee button and the thing churns out the copy. I know that Maureen Dowd and Bob Herbert use it all the time.

I just emailed to my Think Tank another example of the NYT auto-pilot in something I found in The Corner. John J. Miller wrote:

For reasons not worth getting into, I was reading the NYT obituary of Ronald Reagan this morning. It was published on June 6, 2004. It quotes Kenneth Lynn, a history professor at Johns Hopkins, calling RR "one of the most important presidents of the 20th century." There's more, and it's nice, pro-RR stuff. What the NYT doesn't say is that Lynn died three years earlier, in 2001. There's nothing wrong with drafting an obit in advance, so that a quality piece is ready to run at a moment's notice. But they do require updating.

I am doing my part to keep the MSM elites financially afloat (though I will not subscribe to Dowd and Krugman on-line). We do need to read "the source" of the liberal, cosmopolitan, elitist opinion, don't we? And as a side benefit, there is the crossword puzzle on Sunday.

4 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Different strokes for different folks is an old saying that basically says you do what you want to do and I'll do what I want to do. I'm writing to you today to see. If someone gave you the key to change your life by using self motivation techniques. I have spent a lot of my life working and listening to other people complain about things they think they have no control over such as their lives. Using modern self motivation techniques you can change your life today. You can start living a life you've always wanted to live.. I have found a site that is very helpful and has helped me change my life forever. If you're interested in changing your life today visit this site and you'll see what I'm talking about http://slydt.com/lf.pl I am living proof that life will change on the outside when you change which you think on the inside. I would be writing this today if I thought the way I used to think. Thank you for letting me post on your blog I hope this information will help other people change the way they think and start living a good life. Thanks again

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
» » »

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP low price clomid

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]