Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

Monday, November 21, 2005

Greed Must Be Stopped!

Cafe Hayek wonders if the new gas prices show the oil-company executives are 36 percent less greedy today than they were in mid-September.

My comment is:

The definition of greed is "acquisitive or selfish desire beyond reason" per Merriam-Webster. As I drove around Central NJ this weekend, I saw prices fluctuating from $2.09 to $2.39 per gallon. This is a very cagey price conspiracy. To make us think retailers are independent, they have colluded to charge different prices in different locations but keep the price within 30 cents of each other. They aren't greedy because they are using reason. They have master-minded a way to force us to pay different amounts in different places at different times. Oh, they know what they are doing. They will even lose money at times just to throw us off from their diabolical plan to profit. Bastards!!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Huck Foley, the whiner said...

Well! Last night I filled my tank with $2.03/gal gasoline, and half an hour later passed a station selling it for $1.99/gal. I'm of course VERY offended, and demand, yes DEMAND a congressional inquiry into the way these prices have been DESTABILIZED . It's an outrage! How am I, a common proletariat delivery driver, supposed to do any proper budgeting if I'm constantly being WHIPSAWED by these unpredictably plummeting prices?, I ask you!

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]