Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

Sunday, December 11, 2005

That Old Liberal Arrogance

I was asked the following by a member of our Think Tank who receives articles from me in my daily surf of the policy wonk internet.

He asked:

Why is it that the liberals assume as a matter of course that President Bush wants to keep American troops in Iraq one day more than they need to be there? I must have missed something. Seriously this just mystifies me. Actually it doesn't mystify me, it is that old liberal arrogance rearing its head.

My response:

I think there is this irrational belief that the motivation for entering Iraq was sinister. I have been unable to understand the explanation that is was for oil. I did not then believe it at the start and I pay enough for gas now to know that was not the reason.

There are other reasons floated by liberals about the Iraq invasion such as neo-con Jews helping Israel against the interests of America, revenging Saddam's attempted assassination attempt of his father or Bush just being this bloodthirsty conservative (conservative= bloodthirsty in their open-minede view of politics---ever hear Howard Dean talk?). All are irrational and go beyond a disagreement on policy.

The liberal's moral view has been breached by a person and party that is evil in their minds. But where is their moral outrage against the terrorists who murder innocents wantonly, keep women in bondage and overwhelm all non-believers throughout their realm? Bush has just breached their holy principles.

Your point is excellent.

Bush will pull the troops after the Iraqis can stand on their feet. Their heroics continue to amaze me. American have not been like that since 1776.

Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]