Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Don't Miss Out On Motherhood

Emily Yoffe in The Mommy War explains how she received many scornful letters for advising a young newlywed woman who claimed to be dead-set against having any children to re-examine the choice as her life circumstances change. Yoffe claims the letters were from many successful career-women who liked their life-style very much. Yoffe said that they may have no regrets but they are missing something beyond the oft-portrayed financial burdens, lost hours of sleep and missed movies due to child-rearing. They also miss out on the fun!

I know that is correct. Every day I gain immense joy from little mundane events and conversations I have with my daughter and son. What would life be like without them? All I know is I would have to watch many movies, go to many Broadway shows and take many exotic vacations to match the fun I have in a single day at home with my kids.

Dear parents out there:

Yesterday my 5 year old boy asked me to take the training wheels off his bike. He was ready to ride without them. I took them off and then held his seat as he pedalled. I let go and off he went. Today, he is starting by himself and riding much faster. Remember that day?

Meanwhile my daughter and I just finished reading "Anne of Green Gables". What a touching, wonderful book! Most adults will never read it without having a child nearby to share it with. We both cried during the final chapters.

You will have to see 1,000 flicks to reach my level of anxiety, pride and laughter. Who knows, tonight my son may read "No David" on his own. My daughter may discuss some animal other than her favorite---cheetahs (did you know they usually have litters of 2 to 8 cubs)---with me.

It is a thrill every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]