Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Break That Refreshens

Just when you start feeling depressed over the end of a vacation that ends with your party’s trouncing in an election, we see something that places priorities in a proper perspective.

Every morning, I wake the kids up, make them breakfast, get them dressed, make their lunches, ensure their backpacks are properly packed, get them washed and dressed and wait with them at the bus stop. Any votes for Father of the Year?

So as I am thinking about what the Dem ascendancy means to our republic, and feeling a little low about it, I see what the kids are doing at the kitchen table. I fed them each a hearty and healthy breakfast of a half of a chocolate chip muffin (call DIFUS after reading the whole post, please). I see my 9-year old daughter is pulling out the chocolate chips and placing them in a pile on the side of her plate. Then she eats the muffin part, saving the chips for last. I then looked over at my 6-year old son and he is mining the chocolate chips as well. His older sister taught him that one, of course.

It’s these little things that show us why we had children. To distract us from “saving the world”.

2 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading this post, I'll marry you. And I am a girl.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really impressed together with your writing talents as smartly as with the format to
your blog. Is that this a paid theme or did you customize
it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice high quality writing, it
is rare to look a nice blog like this one these days..

my web page ... condominium inspection in brooklyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]